Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Important Lesson of the Day

Take a look at these two pictures:

If the man on the left were standing behind you in line at a convenience store, and you heard him tell someone to call him “Caveman,” would you feel uncomfortable and avoid looking at him? Of course you would.

If the woman on the right said she wanted to sing before a large audience, would you take one look at her homely visage and figure she had no chance? Well, more likely than not, you’d do just that.

Well … the man is Don Smith, and he’s a hero in Ackworth, Georgia. When he saw man holding a knife to a store clerk’s neck, he grabbed a small step ladder and bashed the robber, who then dropped the cash and fled out of the store.

The unassuming hero told police, “There’s a lot of thieving that goes on around here and I don't like it. People work for their stuff and they ought to be able to keep it without somebody taking it away from them."

The woman’s name is Susan Boyle. She’s a 47-year-old self-professed virgin spinster who admits she’s homely, but she's always wanted to be a singing star.

Tell you what. There’s a video on YouTube that can tell the story better than I can. Check it out … please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

You just can’t judge a book by its cover.

2 comments:

Montee said...

I saw both of these stories. I have always lived by "never judge a book by it's cover." I know poor people that act rich. I know rich people that act poor. I know grungy people that are so sweet and pretty people that are ugly. God don't like ugly.

Sue said...

When I heard Susan Boyle sing, it brought tears to my eyes. She really has an amazing voice and I hope all her dreams come true.