Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Carmel Valley Ranch

Front Entrance
Checking in at the Carmel Valley Resort, I was reminded of a sign that hung in a photography shop I used to frequent during my early working days in Hawaii: “This is a class joint. Act respectable.”

Registration Fire Place
The resort is as classy as one can imagine. Once we found the registration area, check-in was a breeze. No long counter with semi-impersonal personnel waving you over. Nope. None of that. We were invited to sit in comfy chairs at a desk with the representative as she did the necessary paperwork.

I had to use the restroom after our hours-long journey (see previous post), and by the time I returned, everything was completed and the wife had our keys. With map in hand showing how we get to the bungalow suite, we jumped in the car and found our way there.

Only one thing: You gotta walk long curvy, paved paths to get to the suite. My legs got tired.

But, the room is very nice, very classy, and well appointed. It had a fireplace with wall controls, a comfy sitting room with amenity shelves and cupboards, a big easy chair in the bedroom with a huge posh ultra-soft bed. We spent a few minutes trying out all the light switches.

Here, let me show you:










Valley Kitchen


That night, we had dinner at their Valley Kitchen restaurant.

We shared a brisket-wild arugula with asparagus salad, flavored with a feta cheese spread and a mild vinaigrette.

We each got our own plate (they called it “Let’s Share.”)

Delicious!

For my entrĂ©e, I had the most tender medium-rare pork chop I’ve had in a long time.

It was accompanied by a smoked, encrusted thick slice of bacon.

The meats were all nestled over grilled asparagus, which themselves were arranged on creamy, buttery mashed potatoes.

Shame on me, I forgot to take a picture of the wife’s meal; I even forgot what she ordered.


Extra Added Attractions

Wandering around the cabins and golfing green were deer and turkeys:



I couldn’t help thinking: Venison and Roast Turkey.

Many thanks to my son and his wife for this elegant 50th Wedding Anniversary treat.


No comments: