Friday, January 17, 2014

Over the Water, Over the Sea


On my last trip to Las Vegas on Omni Airlines International (OAI) ... yep that flight, the one that never made it across the ocean, I astounded the elderly lady sitting next to me when I took a picture of a graphic being projected on the cabin's large screen.

When she surmised out loud that I was photographing it because I was a newbie and wanted memories of my trip, I had to correct her and tell her to look carefully at the picture. It showed our airplane over the water instead of taxiing on the causeway to the Honolulu Airport reef runway.

She looked at me like I was nuts. Well, maybe I was, but the picture sure looks as though we (the red airplane in the middle) were projected to be over the water instead of the causeway, no?

C'mon, admit it. It's weird.

No comments: