Thursday, January 23, 2014

Old Chevy Pickup


Since we were talking about Fremont, California, the last time you and I visited the other day, let me tell you about another visual experience I had there.

As I was walking back to my car after breakfast at Dina's Family Restaurant in the Irvington District of Fremont, I saw this beautiful Chevy pickup truck in the parking lot. Just had to take a couple of pictures because although I've seen some beautiful old cars before, chancing upon them is not an everyday occurrence.


I tried to find a picture of a similar pickup so I could date the car, but every one I found didn't have that grill protector attached to the front bumper. I'm guessing it was a custom addition the owner put on.

Anyway, the closest I could figure is that it's c. 1950. Anybody out there have other thoughts?

No comments: