Monday, April 8, 2013

Udderly Ridiculous


There’s an old University of Hawaii football cheer: “We want anuddah one, mo’ beddah dan de uddah one!” It’s a local pidgin takeoff on the more famous “Do it again, harder, harder!”
I was reminded of that cheer when I had dinner at Carlos ‘n Charlie’s World Famoso Mexican Grill and Fiesta in Las Vegas’ Flamingo Hotel (now is THAT a long restaurant name, or what?).
Hanging up there, over the bar, is a cow – it has a huge udder, is wearing cowboy boots, and has no head. Kinda like flat beer, if you know what I mean. I don’t know the story about the thing, and I’m not so sure I want to hear it anyway.
Each of the teats is named: One is “Margarita Gold, and I can’t make out the other ("de uddah one") in the picture. I think they are liquor spouts. But I didn’t see them being used to make drinks. Maybe it’s supposed to stand on the bar itself? I dunno.
Nobody (but me) seemed to be paying any attention to it. How udderly ridiculous is that?

No comments: