Saturday, April 6, 2013

Attack of the Birds!

 
While having a spot of hot milk tea and munching on some English biscuits yesterday, I accumulated quite a bit of crumbs on my ample stomach by the time I was done.

So I gathered up the crumbs and threw them on the ground for any doves that might come poking around later on.
To my surprise, a horde of Zebra and Spotted Doves swarmed in for the attack almost immediately. Good thing I had my camera with me. I've learned my lesson and have it with me most of the time now, because I've missed quite a number of interesting shots. (Of course, now that I carry it with me, the occasions have diminished.)
I didn't throw that many crumbs, and I'm afraid quite a few of the birds went away hungry. But it does show that these feathered buggers lie in hiding, ready to pounce at the earliest opportunity.
. o O ( I think I want to watch Hitchcock's The Birds again. )

No comments: