Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet Temptations


Here, take a look at this. Hear that? That’s the sound of a sugar rush coursing through your body. If you don’t have diabetes, this picture will get it started for you. If you DO have diabetes, better take your sugar-lowering pill right now.

This, my friends, is the Grotto Ristorante dessert cart, just as it appeared at my table in the Golden Nugget the other night in Las Vegas.

What’s on the cart? Well, there’s tiramisu (bottom center) and strawberry cheesecake (on the left). I completely forgot what the huge strawberry bombe thing on top and the creamy golden one on the right are, because I was so entranced by the tiramisu.

Bottom line: I ordered a slice of tiramisu. I wasn’t going to, but I had to. My weak mind gave in to the sweet temptation. Bad Craig! Bad, bad Craig!

No comments: