Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roadwork on Our Street


We woke yesterday morning to the sound of rumbles, beeps and scraping as a road crew began resurfacing our street.

Actually, we knew this was coming because of the signs along the curb announcing that the work was impending, beginning on the day after Christmas. No complaints here ... our street really needed it. Potholes everywhere.

A couple of years ago, I emailed the city and told them of a huge one that had grown at the foot of our driveway, growing daily at a cancerous and exponential rate. To their credit, it was fixed within the week. Just recently, I saw another pothole patched up, so I can only surmise someone else down the street must have called them.

I thought it would be a couple of days of driving hell ... and gosh, I just might hermitize myself until the work is done. But they finished in one day and it looks great.


No comments: