Friday, July 13, 2012

Today's the Day (Again)

I'm going to have the lipoma lump on the back of my head removed today.

"Wait!" you cry out in astonishment, "Weren't you supposed to have it removed weeks ago?"

Well, yes. But when I showed it to the doctor on June 8, he referred me to a surgeon, who couldn't see me until June 15. Then, when I went to see the surgeon, he looked at it and said he was going to a conference and couldn't see me until early July.

So I made an appointment for July 3 and arrived at his office mentally prepared to have the lump removed. He examined it again and said it would be better if I saw a plastic surgeon who specialized in micro-surgery. Talk about a slump in morale.

Anyway, he referred me to one and I walked right over to see him without an appointment. That was Tuesday, July 3. The plastic surgeon examined me and scheduled me for an in-office procedure today. The office assistant who made my appointment asked me if I was superstitious, because today is Friday the 13th.

Heck, I don't care if it's Judgment Day! I just want the friggin' abnomality removed. I'm thinking of bring a set of handcuffs with me, and handcuffing myself to the operating table so he can't change his mind and postpone the operation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GAH! Best of luck in surgery, Craig!

Craig Miyamoto said...

Thank you so much!

~ Craig