Sunday, July 29, 2012

Social Media Addicts


As you know, I attended the Public Relations Society of America Hawaii Chapter Koa Anvil Awards dinner Thursday night to see my longtime friend and protégé Amy Hennessey honored as the chapter’s annual Gregg Perry Award recipient.
The people at my table were the epitome of social media enthusiasts, or as I have often referred to them, “addicts.”
As soon as everyone was seated at our table, waiting for introductions so the food could be served, the smart phones magically appeared and every single person started posting on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
~ Photo by nonstop Honolulu
Two more people joined the group later and the first thing I saw them do was take out their smart phones. Amy, who sat to my right, also had hers out.
What could I do? I did the only thing any “with it” guy would do. I whipped out my smart phone, snapped a picture of Amy and posted it on my Facebook page. Because I'm with the in-crowd. I’m no stodgy fool … yet.

No comments: