Thursday, July 19, 2012

Singing in the Brain

Okay, somebody tell me, what’s with these dreams I’ve been having lately where I’ve been singing?
On Sunday night, I dreamed I was walking around with a bunch of total strangers, singing “The Impossible Dream” at the top of my voice. We wandered around a medieval village, all dressed up in Robin Hood-like tunics.
Then, on Tuesday night, I dreamed I was in college waiting with a bunch of other guys (we were all clothed, by the way), sitting on benches waiting for our turn in the dorm showers. All of a sudden, we were singing away – “Cotton Fields Back Home,” a song I’ve known since I was a kid.
One thing I have to say. We sounded pretty good with our harmonies.
It all began after I started taking post-procedure antibiotics following my head lumpectomy last Friday. I’ve heard that some medication can cause vivid dreams, and was wondering if that’s the cause this time.
I can’t wait to see if I sing in my dreams again tonight, since it seems to be an every-other-night phenomenon.
“Nobody kno-o-ows … the trouble I’ve seen …”

2 comments:

R. said...

Here's what my go-to dream dictionary says:

To sing in your dream represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate, embrace and express your feelings.

Not too shabby! :)

Craig Miyamoto said...

Sounds good to me, Rebecca!

~ Craig