Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Golden Globes

Every year around this time, I open the morning newspaper and see a story about who won Golden Globe Awards this year.

And every year around this time, I am reminded that my entertainment viewing habits are wa-a-ay outta line with the general public - at least those who vote for their favorites.

Not one of my favorite television shows, not one of the movies I saw last year, not one of my favorite actors/actresses won a Golden Globe. Nary a one. Zero to the nth degree.

Y'know, I don't even know who had been nominated and was in the running; Frankly, I didn't even know the awards show was televised on Sunday night. At least with the Academy Awards, I've seen at least a couple of the movies and actors/actresses that are nominated.

I think I'll refer to the Golden Globes as the "Foldin' Globes" as far as I'm concerned from now on. It seems more appropriate.

Oh well, maybe next year ...

No comments: