Friday, December 30, 2011

Stating the Obvious

Let's all make a pledge for 2012. Let's resolve never to state the obvious.

I bring this up because of what I've heard two popular female Cooking Channel mavens say during their shows.

It's not that I'm not guilty of doing this sometimes, but at least I try to make an effort not to state the obvious. To wit:

"Little by little, the wet ingredients absorb the dry ingredients." – Giada de Laurentis, Everyday Italian, Cooking Channel ... well, DU-U-UH.
“Flour, when it’s raw, has a bit of a raw flavor.” – Giada DeLaurentis, Everyday Italian, Cooking Channel ... well, DOUBLE DU-U-UH.
“All I’ve done is brought a pot of boiling water to the boil.” – Ching-He Huang, Easy Chinese San Francisco, Cooking Channel ... well, DU-U-UH to the nth degree!
Work on it, will you? Thanks! I appreciate it.

1 comment:

casch said...

I'm probably guilty of it sometimes myself, but they do sound ridiculous.