Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Occupy Shmoccupy


It's pretty pathetic. Occupy Honolulu, an offshoot of the Occupy Wall Street and Occupy International movement, has set up "homeless-style" tents in Thomas Square, at the corner of Beretania Street and Ward Avenue.

The City of Honolulu has refused to let them remain in the park after 10 p.m., and they're trying to get petitions that would allow them to stay.

They stress that they are the 99% who are taking the stand against the 1%. I doubt that very much. I try not to be a political person, I try to remain impassionate and present a non-biased point of view.

But you know what? They certainly do not represent the 99%; if they did, they would have the other 98% on their side and wouldn't have to ask for monetary donations to sustain the movement.

I think they are the 1% who are taking the stand against the 99%.

And that's all I have to say about that.