Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nap in the Shade


(This is for all of you who are freezing your bunny toes off during the cold, cold winter months.)

A few weeks ago, the wife and I were walking at Magic Island and I came across this beautiful tree just brimming with light-pink flowers. It kind of reminded me of TV cook Paul Deen's head. I'm just saying.

When I framed it in my camera, I happened to notice that over there in the shade to the right, someone was taking a nap. He'd found the perfect spot -- the shadow was going to be there for a while as the sun was moving, off to the left, toward those buildings in the distance.

Gotta say, I was tempted to join him there, but to tell the truth, I don't like to lie on the grass unless I have a blanket to lie on.

My loss.

(But one never knows what's on the ground under a tree, right?)

1 comment:

casch said...

I'm in agreement~ gotta have a blanket to lie on. Still and all, it did seem like an idyllic setting.