Saturday, December 3, 2011

Flat Rat


I've heard that some animals can squeeze through some mighty narrow openings - an octopus, for example, or even a cockroach.

Felt sorry for this rat, however. It looks as though it wanted to squeeze between a car tire and the asphalt. Obviously, its attempt didn't work.

In the parking tot of the State of Hawaii's Kekuanao'a (Territorial State Office) Building yesterday, I saw a whole bunch of flies buzzing around this flat thing on the ground. On closer look, I could make out only three things: a tail, two feet, and a whole lotta fur.

Yep, a dead rat. A FLAT rat.

I was tempted to pick it up by the tail and have the wife take a picture of me displaying the dead rat like a proud fisherman, but decided not to. The flies might object to that, and I've seen enough demon movies to know that flies can be a nasy thing.

No comments: