Sunday, December 4, 2011

O Tannenbaum Update

You may be happy (or like me, relieved) to learn that the wife found the two boxes of Christmas ornaments that she'd stored away so well last year and that I reported lost forever a couple of days ago. Turns out they were hiding behind a huge bag of stuff in the garage storage room.

Of course, we'd already purchased some new bulbs and stuff, so I imposed my will and declared that it didn't matter if we found the old stuff, we were going to use the new stuff and dispose of the old. Y'know, make the much-needed change.

Except for the old skirt - we kept that. And the Santa tree topper - we kept that also. And, of course, we're keeping the gift ornaments as well.

We didn't have enough lights, however, but instead of attaching last year's strings to this year's new LED light strings, I'm going to trash the old ones.

The wife volunteered to go back to the store and get more, however. See, I had let her talk me into buying only 100 lights, Against my better judgement. I should have known better, she has no concept of measurement (time, volume, length, etc.). So she went back for more.

She also likes the star topper. It changes color, and frankly, it looks pretty good. We'll keep Mr. Antique Santa in his box this year, at least for now. I have other plans for him.

So ... we're all set for this year. Now all I have to do is wrap up the presents and we're all ready. Congratulate me, I made it through another furshluginer raising of the tannenbaum.

No comments: