Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Real Reason Why USC Lost

You say USC lost to Washington yesterday because they had a letdown after beating Ohio State on the road last week? Nah, that’s not why.

You say USC lost to Oregon State last year because they had a letdown after beating Ohio State at home? Nope, that’s not why.

You say USC lost to Stanford at home in 2007 because they took them too lightly? Uh uh, that’s not why.

You say USC lost to Oregon State in 2006 because they lost their focus? No way, that’s not why.

The University of Southern California Trojans football team lost those games for a very simple reason – I wasn’t able to watch the games on TV.

In 2006, I had to set up at a coin show. In 2007, I had a table at a stamp and coin bourse. In 2008, I was at a discussion board gathering in Las Vegas. And this year, I again was at the bourse.

In fact, the only games they lost while I was watching were the BCS National Championship game against Texas in 2005, and the devastating loss to UCLA in 2006 that kept them out of the BCS championship. Y’know, the big ones … the ones that counted.

Well, at least they can’t blame those two on me.

I’m going to have to stop doing other things during football season on the days that USC games are on TV .

No comments: