Friday, August 28, 2009

Stressed? Try Grass

No, I’m not talking about THAT kind of “grass.” Rather, I’m referring to the grass that’s growing in your lawn.

Did you know that the scent of mown grass is both a proven tension reliever and a memory booster?

I heard about it this morning. Apparently, scientists at the University of Queensland in Australia have discovered that freshly cut grass releases a chemical that does just that. That’s why it’s so relaxing to be around plants, to sit under trees, and to fall asleep on the lawn.

And, they’re putting their money where their mouths … er, noses … are. They developed an aromatic spray called “Serenascent” that smells like a freshly mowed lawn, emulates a walk through a lush forest, and produces the same relaxing results.

I just got in from mowing the lawn … (Yawn) … so please excuse me while I lie down on the … (Zzzzzzzz).

1 comment:

Montee said...

I love mowing. You get a lot of thinking tme in too.