Friday, May 13, 2016

Electric Unicycle Rider

While driving home one day, from downtown Honolulu around lunchtime on King Street, about to turn left onto Ward, I had to stop so a guy on a unicycle could cross the street.

It was quite impressive, I must say. That guy had balance and likely had been using his unicycle for some time already. He was casually controlling it by leaning forward and back, from one side to another.

It didn’t look the least bit like he was concerned about falling.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a picture and description of his specific electric solo-wheel. But in general, those wheels seem to run from about $200 to $1,200. Not too bad if you can handle riding it.

Just think, you can pick it up and carry it with you, unlike the heavy two-wheeled Segway with its handles that will set you back several thousand dollars.

Would I get one? Nah. I just know I’d fall and break bones and lose big patches of skin. Give me a safe ride any day.


No comments: