Saturday, December 7, 2013

An iPad Dinner

Since we're on the subject of my most recent Las Vegas vacation ...

The first night I was at the Red Rock Resort 'way up west on Charleston Boulevard, I dined at Terra Rosa, a fine-dining establishment that serves Italian cuisine.

Before leaving the room, I automatically grabbed my iPad, then as I was leaving, changed my mind and left the iPad in the room. I just thought it would be tacky to turn it on and read stuff while in a classy restaurant.

I needn't have worried. There were a couple of people there, all mature and distinguished-looking, who turned on iPads.

The one pictured at left was actually a doctor (I heard him talking to a colleague on FaceTime), so I guess it was a good way to keep in touch and consult while on vacation having dinner.

The picture is blurred because ... well, even an iPad user needs some privacy.

No comments: