Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Monkey-Face Banana Joe!

Look at him. That's Banana Joe. Doesn't he look like a monkey? Maybe that's why Banana Joe's breed, the affenpinscher, has been nicknamed the "monkey dog."

The little toy pooch capped a career of 85 Best-in-Show titles with the granddaddy of them all, Best-in-Show at the Westminster Kennel Club's 137th annual competition at Madison Square Garden in New York last night.

Wait ... I gotta say, he looks like an Ewok from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Don't you think?

No matter. He's a cutie, and I got to see him win. Okay, so I saw the late rerun on USA Network instead of the live feed earlier in the night, but that's because I didn't know the Westminster show was on this week. And if I hadn't seen a promo while flipping through the channels, I would have missed it altogether.

I love those dogs!

No comments: