Friday, November 6, 2009

Shoe Shoe Pi Doop

Here we are in San Jose again for at least a week and maybe more.

This morning was a sort of "get reaquainted with the area" time, as we took a drive around the main boulevards to reorient ourselves with places familiar and places new.

We'd heard from one of our son's neighbors that the Cup & Saucer Restaurant had good breakfasts so we scoped it out in anticipation of going there in the next couple of days.

After checking out the cafe's menu, we serendipitously found a little shoe shop called "Doreen's Wide Shoes" when a statuette of the Betty Boop character caught my eye. The wife is always looking for wide shoes (a result of living in Hawaii, I'm sure), so we went in.

While she talked to the saleslady, I gazed around the shop. One wall was half-filled with Betty Boop collectibles. Turns out the owner Dorene had a Betty Boop shop elsewhere and incorporated her stock into the shoe store when she bought it.

I've occasionally run into specialty shops that also feature a wall of collectibles reflecting the owner's fancies.

Normally I'd wait outside at times such as these, but today I had something to amuse me and occupy my time while the wife talked women's shoes with the saleslady.

Why do I have a feeling that we'll be going back there after breakfasting at the Cup & Saucer?

Poop Poop Pi Doo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How were the shoes? Any cute styles?

Craig Miyamoto said...

Beats me, Cindy ... you gotta ask my wife. LOL.

casch said...

How fun to find ~so easily ~a store you need and there it is in front of you. Good for Diana! I KNOW you will be returning!