Sunday, November 29, 2009

Harvest Festival

The wife and I took a field trip to downtown San Jose yesterday so we could check out the annual Harvest Festival at the convention center.

I really don’t know what I was expecting, but the word “harvest” stuck in my mind as we made our way there on the Valley Transit Authority’s light rail system.

So imagine my surprise when we got to the festival and found out it’s basically an food and products show – kind of like a huge swap meet but with new and better items (mostly self-produced by the individuals or small companies).

They had a huge area set aside for the food court, selling various ethnic favorites. One of the bonuses was the entertainment. We sat there listening to four guys (three guitars and drums) belt out a program of Johnny Cash favorites. Not bad either … not bad at all.

We ended up spending some money of course, for who can ever attend one of these and not be tempted. The funnest part was that I found some new, hand-made monkeys for my figurine collection. Or rather, I should say that the wife’s sharp eyes did the ferreting out for me.

Nice stuff there … colorful too. See?

Whimsical Danglers

Tiffany Lamps

Hand-Made Pens

Big Ol' Handcrafted Santas

Glass Dragon

Small Portion of the Food Court

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great place to spend some time. I love your pics and the glass dragon is just amazing. If that's just a portion of the food court I can't imagine how big the whole thing must have been.
Laurel

Anonymous said...

I agree. That glass dragon is cool!