Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Tasty Mistake

 
Until my recent trip to Las Vegas, I'd never had a Nathan's hot dog before. Wait, let me clarify. I have bought their packaged hot dogs from the sausage cooler at the supermarket; I just haven't had one form their hot dog stand.

Finally got a chance and had one for dinner. I walked up to their counter and ordered their Chili Cheese Dog with Sauerkraut, anticipating it so much that my mouth began watering.

A couple of minutes later, they called my number and handed me my dog. I found a seat in the Bally's food court and began munching.
 
Ooo, the pop when I bit into it released a flood of favor.
 
It wasn't until my second bite that I realized there was no chili. Checked my receipt, and there it was: "Cheese Dog with Sauerkraut." No chili. Damn. Just a large Pepsi.

Not only that, in my excitement, I forgot to order the Crinkle Cut Cheese Fries I'd been coveting — the ones with the Bacon and Ranch Dressing on top.

Ah well. It still tasted great, and just gave me an excuse (as if I needed one) to go back again.
 
 

No comments: