6. You might HEAR something new every day, but you do NOT learn something new every day. Can you remember what you "learned" the day before yesterday? We are given the opportunity to learn from our shortcomings, but what you experience becomes just a part of your background story. Just keep your eyes and ears open for anything that will make you a better person.
7. Don't argue politics or religion. No matter how much you try, you'll never change their minds. I learned this one in college political science. Political and religious good, but don’t get into these discussions with the goal of converting someone over to your side. Take it from me, it ain’t gonna happen.
8. Walk away from naysayers and negative people. They'll just bring you down to their level. I’m not saying you should become a Pollyanna. Just turn a deaf ear to those who have something negative to say about everything. Listening and politely nodding your head only encourages them. Negativity is not good for your mental health.
9. Friends and family always mean a lot, but when it comes down to it, you can't count on anyone but yourself. Trust in yourself; anything your mind can conceive and believe, can be achieved. Sure, besties provide a good shoulder to cry on. Sure, home is a good place to nest when things aren’t going well. But remember that no one can lead your life for you. At its core, life is a solo mission.
10. Don't worry, argue or get angry about things you cannot change. They won't change and you'll only hurt inside. Like political and religious arguments, some things just aren’t going to change. You are not omnipotent, you cannot effect change is some things. So don’t even try. The best thing to do is voice your disagreement, shake your head, and walk away.