These wise bits of advice from a father to his unborn son were posted on Facebook. I think I was meant to share it with you. There are 100 of them by Walker Lamond; I’m sharing them, 20 at a time.
- You are what you do. Not what you say.
- Learn to change a tire.
- Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
- An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
- Don’t litter.
- If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
- You won’t always be the strongest or fastest. But you can be the toughest.
- Never call someone before or after 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
- Make the little things count.
- You’re never too old to need your mom.
- Know the words to your national anthem.
- Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
- Smile at strangers.
- Make goals.
- Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
- If you HAVE to fight, punch first and punch hard.
There are a few meant for girls:
- Always wear a bra at work.
- There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
- If you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and toning down how much your feet kill.
This is the last of the advice. It’s good advice. Heed them all.