Thursday, November 27, 2014

Something To Be Thankful For …

Today is Thanksgiving, and it’s a day to be thankful. So here’s something a bit timely but out of left field. Be thankful you can afford to have a nice Christmas tree this year.

Christmas trees are scheduled to go on sale this Saturday in Hawaii (and I think I saw a story about one lot that’s already opened).

That brings to mind TV’s “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” I actually find it a bit boring in my dotage, but there’s one image that sticks with me always. His Christmas tree. It’s become a Christmas icon representing a Christmas full of nothing a loner gets on the holiday.

You can make your own, you know. Just get a single branch, add a few tinsels and one or two cracked scrawngy decorations, and voila – your Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Or, you can drive on down to Honolulu Airport and decorate this palm tree gracing the cell phone waiting lot.

Wouldn’t it be a hoot to find it decorated sometimes in the coming month? I’d be thankful for that.

No comments: