Saturday, November 1, 2014

New Barber

I’ve begun patronizing a new barbershop. With all the construction going on at Ala Moana Center, it’s become exceedingly humbug to continue getting haircuts at Thom’s.

Kojak Craig
I went to Manoa Barber Shop yesterday for the first time in a couple of decades; it’s been at least 25 years since I've been there. The owner is Ayako Morikuni; her shop is near Manoa Marketplace, where the Safeway and Long’s Drug Store (where the wife and I often shop) are located.

My hair is easy to cut – I just asked for a #1, the barber whipped out her clipper, snapped on the #1 thingie and buzzed away. I’ve started doing this several years ago when it became apparent that I wasn’t growing a large-enough crop on the top of my head to make “just a trim” worthwhile.

I like this lady barber. She talks about things that interest me, she uses a hot towel to wipe my shorn head afterwards, she gives my shoulders a hand-vibrator massage, and she’s also not too expensive (not that it makes any matter).

Plus, it’s right up the street from where I live. Now, why didn’t I start doing this earlier? Silly creature of habit.

No comments: