Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scam Email

Check out this email I got the other day. It has “Scam Spam” written all over it.

Good Day,
 
My name is Mrs. Sakura Kenshin the owner and C.E.O of SAKURA SEA FOOD LTD, in Cambodia and Japan. I am a dying woman who has decided to donate what I have to you. For charitable goals.
If you feel for me and you want to help me to carry out my wishes. kindly Contact my lawyer through this email address (xxx.xxxxxxxlawfirm1999@kimo.com ) or you can call his private Line +855-xxx-xxxxx) if you are interested in carrying out this task, My lawyer's name is Barrister Xxxxxxx Van Xxx. I know I have never met you but my mind instincts me to do this through you, and i hope you act sincerely with passion.
Please make sure you contact my lawyer because i will not be available to respond to your mail.
Thank you and God bless you.
Mrs. Sakura Kenshin
Isn’t that just amazing? Do the scam artists really believe I would fall for this? For one thing, look at the “private line” telephone number (I’ve x’d out the numbers so nobody who reads this will unwittingly try to respond). The number itself has eight digits. Everybody knows telephone numbers have seven digits.
And who in the world would just give everything she has to a total stranger (me) for charitable purposes?
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In fact, you can bet your life savings on it (and sadly, people must do it, or these scams wouldn't proliferate, no?).
I kid you not. Amazing.

2 comments:

casch said...

Wow! You are right, SCAM!

Craig Miyamoto said...

It just floors me that things like this still flourish. Are there that many gullible/greedy people in the world who would fall for scams like this?