Saturday, January 12, 2013

Horrible English … Cough, Cough

There’s a television commercial by Children’s Triaminic Night Time Cold & Cough Syrup that has me shaking my head whenever I see it. You know how grammatical errors just pop out at me? Well this commercial is a perfect example.

According to the spokeswoman, Triaminic uses what they call “perfect mix technology.“ This is so “… the medicine is always evenly distributed to help your CHILDS get the right amount of medicine every time.”

This is so wrong that it hurts to repeat it.

Let me belabor the point:
  1. If they meant to say “child’s,” then they left out something. Child’s what?
  2. If they did mean to say child, then they shouldn’t have said “child’s,” because that’s a possessive noun, not a subject noun.
  3. And if they meant more than one child, then they should have said “children.”
If it were me, I would hunt down and fire the copywriter and the ad account executive who signed off on the commercial.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only that, but "Perfect Mix"??

SHAKE THE BOTTLE LAZY PARENTS!!!

Anonymous said...

I cringe every single time I see this commercial! What were they thinking???

Craig Miyamoto said...

I agree! I agree!

~ Craig