Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Nice Welcome Back

About a month ago, I received a $25-off coupon in the mail from Lawry’s The Prime Rib Restaurant asking why they hadn’t seen me in a long time – 18 months, in fact.

The truth is, as a member of their VIP Club, I have eaten at their Las Vegas restaurant as often as possible, but sometimes it just doesn’t fit into the schedule. You see, it has a lot to do with whether or not I’m alone, or with the wife or other members of the family.
I didn’t realize it’d been that long since I’d been there, so last month, when I took my brother-in-law to Las Vegas, I made it a point to revisit their fine establishment and avail myself of their generous offer.
It was like coming home again. Nothing much changes at Lawry’s The Prime Rib. Same wonderful ambiance, same wonderful wait staff, same wonderful service, and most importantly, the same wonderful food. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Lawry’s consistently has the best prime rib steaks I’ve ever had … ever.
Miss Fasano
We were served by Miss (Dionne) Fasano, who came to Las Vegas 22 years ago from her home town of Cicero, Illinois and has been working at Lawry’s for 11 and a half years. We hit it off fine, especially when I told her I was born in Joliet, Illinois, and that we were from Hawaii. As luck may have it, she was serving another party from Hawaii just across the room.

Dinner was great. We were able to get an early seating at 6:15 p.m. on a Thursday night, and got out of there before a huge party took over the restaurant for the rest of the night. Just goes to show how popular the place is. My guess is that it was a corporate dinner of some sort – maybe a company or organization having a convention/conference function.
We had prime rib, of course. Plus jumbo shrimp cocktail, creamed spinach, creamed corn, baked potato, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, the famous spinning salad, steamed asparagus, hot green tea, cold ginger-peach tea, and crème brulee.
Sound like enough? It was. Too much, in fact. But boy, was it good. What a wonderful welcome-back dinner.
And if you were wondering, yes, I dribbled some au jus on the front of my clean shirt.

No comments: