Sunday, June 3, 2012

First-Class Meal: Hawaiian Air

The last time we went to San Jose, the wife and I decided to upgrade to first class seats. It’s always more comfortable there, the seats are wider and plusher, there’s more personal attention, there are no screaming/crying children kicking the back of your seat … and the food is much better.
Our meal was created by award-winning Chef Chai Chaowasaree, who owns Chai’s Island Bistro and Singha Thai Cuisine. So naturally, the meal was interesting. And so well-presented too.
On the way to San Jose, each of us had three choices from a list of five selections: assorted cheeses, crispy wonton tacos, Hawaiian-style chicken, a grilled fresh catch, and spinach gnocci. Plus dessert. On the way back, the choices changed a little to include a pate, chicken with sweet red peppers, and cannelloni.
I’d show you pictures of our Honolulu-San Jose meal, but I’d forgotten to take my camera out of my carryon and when they brought our meals, I was trapped in my seat. However, I did photograph both our trays on the way home:
The Wife's Meal

My Meal
And we can’t forget the dessert – a smooth and creamy lemon cheesecake.

Gotta hand it to Hawaiian Airlines, they know how to treat their first-class passengers well.


1 comment:

casch said...

Looks wonderful!!