Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sailboard Tow


Tow, tow, tow my boat
Gently to the pier,
Something’s definitely wrong,
The wind is outta gear.

Once in a while, if you look around long enough, you will see something that causes you to pause and utter … “Huh?”
It was a beautiful, breezy day at Magic Island, and the wife and I saw this little motor boat towing a sail surfer back to the pier. It didn’t seem to be an emergency as the boat was just puttering along at a steady pace.
My first thought was, the sail surfer had run outta gas. Hey! Isn’t that what happens on the road? Well then of course I immediately dismissed that thought from my mind … because it was stupid.
There was a nice brisk breeze going on, so he couldn’t have run out of breeze, could he?
Oh well, guess I’ll never know.

No comments: