Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Mo’ … Please

Forty-two year-old Maurice “Mo” Rocca is a comedian and satirist who was a five-year contributor to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Today, he hosts Food(ography) on cable’s Cooking Channel.
I can’t stand him. His voice sounds like a high-pitched kazoo bleat wafting through the chicken-wire fence of a children’s playground. Not mellifluous in the least.
And recently, he has a promo for his show where, while munching on oysters, Mo looks at his guest and exclaims, “Mother shucker!” That’s offensive to me, for we all know what familiar phrase he’s parodying.
I wish they’d relegate that promo to the garbage heap where it belongs.

1 comment:

casch said...

I agree 100% !! I hate that promo too! Why do they think that is funny? Or why do they think that would make anyone want to watch that program . . . much less listen to his voice!