Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dick Butkus


Every once in a while, one runs into somebody famous. The other week, when I was in Las Vegas, I passed a sports collectible shop in Caesar’s Palace Forum Shops Mall and saw former Chicago Bears linebacker Dick Butkus.
It’s been a while since he terrorized quarterbacks in the NFL. But he looked pleasant and personable as he sat there waiting for fans to stop by and drop a few bucks in the hat for the opportunity to meet and greet with him.
I was in a bit of a rush so I didn’t stop by. Okay, I admit it, it was mostly because I’m a cheap-o.
But, I did manage to take a quick picture from outside. One of his handlers flagged me down and said I’d have to pay the price of admission if I wanted to take pictures. I said “Okay,” and moved on.
I didn’t care. I already had the picture.

1 comment:

casch said...

Wow, that seems a little desperate to me! He must be in dire need of finances. And it doesn't sound as though he had long line of people waiting for the privilege.