Monday, January 25, 2010

Scoot Lower, My Toes Are Cold

Have you ever arrived at your hotel room, freezing your butt off and trying to thaw out from Winter’s blast outside? I have. Have you gotten out of the shower, all warm and toasty, only to jump between the sheets and shiver, shiver, shiver? I have.

Well … Holiday Inn has pondered these situations as well and come up with what they consider an logical and comforting amenity on a trial basis for its guests in three British hotels (two in London, the other in Manchester).

You can call the front desk and request a human bed warmer. Yep, a human bed warmer.

A hotel employee will arrive in your room fully dressed in a fleece sleeper suit, slip under your covers, and bring the temperature up to 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).

Presumably the bed warmer will have showered first. And no, s/he won’t hang around, but will leave before you jump in.

According to a spokeswoman, it’s “a bit like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed.”

I kid you not!

Hmmmm, I wonder about that. I think I’ll pass on this one.

2 comments:

R. said...

Creepy! Give me the hot water bottle (or cold sheets!) anyday.

casch said...

Can't even imagine this!