Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Waterless? WATERLESS?

I’ve come across a few of these recently – Sloan urinals that require no water connection.

According to their website: “You don't need to run water supply lines and there are no mechanical parts to worry about. The replaceable sealed cartridge receives waste through drain holes, then through a layer of biodegradable sealant. From there, waste passes through a trap system, through a baffle and then goes down the drain. The sealant layer creates a barrier between waste and open air so odors don't come back up.”

It costs about 500 bucks.

I gotta say it feels a little weird to use it and then just walk away. I mean, doesn’t the inside of the bowl get wet? How is THAT remedied?

But, who am I to argue? If they say it works, I guess it does.

1 comment:

casch said...

That was my first thought~how to clean the bowl!