Friday, December 4, 2009

Squirrels!

These cute rodents are all over the place. We see them running across the street as we drive by, and scurrying to and fro in the park, leaping from tree to tree in an endless game of tag.

One particular squirrel makes a frequent appearance in my son’s backyard, and I’ve always wondered if he has a hidden cache of nuts buried somewhere in the yard.

Occasionally it will hold still long enough for me to snap a picture.

Squirrels are cute to watch, but I must have a touch of frontiersman in me, because what comes to mind eventually is … I wonder if I have good-enough aim to shoot it in the eye and bring it home for dinner.

Mmmmm. Squirrel stew.

1 comment:

R. said...

If you can round up 17 of 'em, let me know. My new Cajun cookbook has a recipe for 'Squirrel picante'. ;)