Monday, December 14, 2009

I’m Quack!ing Up

I’ve got this song stuck in my head. It’s not a song I’ve heard on the radio; it’s not a song from my past that dredges up nostalgic memories. It’s a song about a buncha ducks.

If you’ve been around little children recently, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Children’s songs are so catchy that they stick with you after you’ve heard them a couple of times.

The one I’m talking about is one my grandson hears on a daily basis. I need to write about it so I can get it out of my head:

6 Little Ducks

Six Little Ducks that I once knew,

Fat ones, fair ones, thin ones too.
But the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!
Quack! Quack! Quack!

Quack! Quack! Quack!

He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!

Down to the river they would go,

Wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, ho hum ho.
And the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!
Quack! Quack! Quack!

Quack! Quack! Quack!
He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!

Home from the river they would go

Wibble, wobble, wibble, wobble, to and fro.
And the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!
Quack! Quack! Quack!

Quack! Quack! Quack!
He led the others with a Quack! Quack! Quack!

This “Kiddie Song Ear Worm” syndrome has slapped me in the ears a couple of times before in my life – Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus.

Here … watch this video, and I challenge you not start singing along:

No comments: