Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Clowder of Cats

Waterfront Park was crawling with cats yesterday – there must have been at least a dozen and a half prancing around the place, some in loose groups of as many as five, most of them loners skittering away from the people walking on the paths.

Feral pussies abound at this park, where a lady comes to feed them out of tuna cans every day, providing them with fresh water as well. For cats without a home, they sure look healthy and well-fed.

I didn’t have my camera with me, but I did have my cell phone and was able to snap a couple of decent pix:

Sunning on the rocks next to the ocean

A little "cluck cluck" caught her attention

2 comments:

R. said...

The grey one looks like my Nelson! They do look pretty content. I think Hawaii cats have it better than mainland cats. ;-)

Montee said...

I think they need to rename that park.