Monday, June 11, 2012

More Laura Calder Shows

The Cooking Channel is running “new” episodes of Laura Calder’s wonderful cooking show, French Food at Home, and I’m enjoying watching them in the morning. Sometimes they broadcast ‘wa-a-ay early in the morning (Hawaii time), but that’s okay, that’s why I have a DVR.
I’m still on the lookout for the Chefography episode featuring Ms Calder, and have programmed my DVR for all future Chefographies, regardless of whether they’re new or repeats. I ain’t gonna miss it when it shows again.
Because of her promotion of French cuisine, she was made a chevalier in France’s National Order of Agricultural Merit late last year.
Ms Calder has such a natural, refreshing way about her, with mannerisms and colloquialisms that delight and make her a part of the family. She’s a natural talent, appearing very comfortable before the camera.
I know she travels a lot, and perhaps she can do a series in which she brings French cooking to homes she visits during her travels.
One can only hope.

No comments: