Friday, November 25, 2016

ReubAn, ReubAn, I've Been Thinking


At a recent outing to Island Subs & Burgers in the Manoa Marketplace, I ordered a Pastrami Reuben sandwich because I hadn't had one in many months.


It wasn't until I was munching into the juicy, substantial sandwich that I noticed their promotional poster on the wall where they misspelled "Reuben." I almost choked on my sammy, laughing so hard.

It reminded me of the song we used to sing in Sunday school church class: "Reuben, Reuben, I've been thinking; What a grand world this would be; If the girls were all transported; Far beyond the northern sea."

Except of course, if we sang it at Island Subs, we'd be singing, "ReubAn, ReubAn."

I probably should tell them ... nah, I'm sure they've already been told and that poster must have been too expensive to redo.

No comments: