Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Did I Just Buy Tofutti Ice Cream?

The wife and I visited Shirokiya’s Japan Village Walk in Ala Moana Center for the first time since it opened in June, and one of the first things I bought was a soy bean smoothie.

When I saw the booth, the first thing I thought of was Tofutti ice cream, which I had tried when it first came out during my years in college.

That was a long time ago, and I was so very young, so don’t ask.

The only thing I remember about Tofutti is that it didn’t have a remarkable taste. And I didn’t like the texture. So I never had it again.

So … did I just buy Tofutti ice cream at Japan Village Walk? The answer is a resounding “No.” It was very creamy, absolutely delicious and I’m going to have to go back and get another one—a larger one this time, as my brother-in-law drank about a third of mine when we got home.

Or, maybe he’ll get one of his own.

Tomorrow, I’ll show you a few pictures of the food booth displays at Japan Village Walk.

No comments: