Thursday, March 19, 2015

What? Not Again!

This was déjà vu all over again. Remember my blog posts over the past year, and my experience with flight delays? Well, I had another Hawaiian Airlines flight delay, this time because our plane left late from Los Angeles, consequently arriving late in Honolulu.

Hawaiian Airlines Flight 8, HNL-LAS, was originally scheduled to take off at 10:30 p.m. We didn't go wheels up until 12:08 a.m.

The delay was fine with me, as long as we eventually took off. We were originally due to arrive in Las Vegas at 7:00 a.m., so a delay of an hour and a half was okay. I mean, it's not like I had anything scheduled in Las Vegas, and the Luxor wouldn't let me check in until the afternoon anyway.

The bad thing was that the AC in the waiting room was going full blast and the long wait exacerbated the frigid room. I could hardly feel my ears.

Most passengers at the gate were pretty old, and the restrooms were doing a landmark business. Everybody had their jackets on, and those with hoodies were using them.

Brrrrr.

No comments: