Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Bump in the Route

As my Hawaiian Airlines flight was nearing Las Vegas early in the morning on Monday the 9th, I happened to look at the map on the video monitor on the seat in front of me, and lo and behold, this is what I saw:



Somewhere, sometime, in mid-flight, in mid-Pacific, my plane jogged left, then returned to its original course soon afterwards. I say "soon afterwards," but for all I know it could have taken an hour or so to complete the bump.

Did we enter the Twilight Zone? Was there something in our way? Did we have to avoid a rising of the ocean? Or maybe (and most likely), the pilot altered course to avoid a rough pocket of turbulence.

I sure hope that was the case. Good thing I wasn't awake at the time; I might have looked out the window and seen something I wouldn't want to see.

I kid you not.

No comments: