Saturday, March 21, 2015

Flight Delay Bonus

The nice lady sitting in the window seat next to me on my Hawaiian Airlines Flight 8 (HNL-LAS) moved up a couple of rows to sit with her sister, whose adjacent seat was empty.

That meant I had an empty window seat next to me so I could raise the arm rest and act like I had a wide first-class seat.

See?


Actually, I was a bit surprised to see quite a few empty seats when the closed the doors of the aircraft (a French Airbus A330, for those of you who are keeping track of these things). I'd checked into my flight at home, and the seating chart looked pretty full. Guess the delay resulted in a few cancellations? Beats me.

Oh well, sometimes God smiles and grants favors. It was Sunday, and maybe He must have thought I'd been a good boy lately.

No comments: