Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thank You, Mr. Wynn

For about a year, I’d been receiving an offer from the Wynn Resort to enjoy three complimentary nights at The Wynn in Las Vegas. Really, I don’t know what I did to earn that offer, but as it so often happens, I was never able to take advantage of it.

Until this past month when the wife and I took a break and visited family in San Jose. Since both my son and his wife work, and since our grandson goes to preschool, weekdays there for us are usually spent on our own.
Not this year … I took Steve Wynn up on his offer. Not only that, but I got a ridiculous roundtrip airfare on Southwest Airlines too.
It just may be we’re lucky this way, but the nice young man who checked us in at the front desk was from Hawaii and gave us his best service, including getting us a couple of bottles of ice-cold water from the back.
Our room at the Wynn
(Click on the picture for a panoramic view)
The Wynn Resort is beautiful, and the room they gave us was top notch – not as nice as the ones I stayed in at The Venetian and Palazzo the other year, but mighty nice indeed. The bed was sumptuous and mega-comfortable, and the lights and drapes were all remote-controlled.

Just press an image on either the bedside control screen or one of the two screens on the wall, and the drapes and/or sheers opened or closed, and the room lights turned on, dimmed, or turned off.

The view from our room
And at night, when we turned the room lights off and opened the drapes, we were treated with an awesome view of the Las Vegas Strip.

Part of the package was a $300 slot credit. They didn’t give you the money, of course, but they entered it into my slot card account. Whenever I’d place a bet on a slot machine, the money I bet was replaced by the credit. Until the credit ran out.

So, the first thing I did after we got set up in the room was to play with the $300. I don’t remember the name of the slot machine I played, but whenever a certain symbol showed up, it activated a display that lit up three bills ranging from $5 to $1,000.
Now, you need to know that whenever the wife watches me play, I have bad luck. And she knows it too, so after I’d spun the reels a couple of times, she walked away. As soon as she walked away, I got that symbol and won $40. She came over and I explained what had happened. Then I started losing again –playing $2, getting it replaced by the credit, playing $2 more, getting it replaced, and so on and so on.
When the $300 credit ran out, I had won $353, which was mine to keep. Subtract the $20 I put in to start the process and I was $333 ahead. Not bad. Meals! Free! Courtesy of Mr. Wynn!
Thank you, Mr. Wynn.

No comments: