Monday, May 21, 2012

Lie In My Shade

Lie in my shade and rest your eyes
Protected from the midday light,
Dream of peace and azure skies
With snowy feathers high in flight.
Give pause to dream our gentle touch
Accompanied by gentle sighs,
Of whispered words that say so much
Postponing thoughts of late goodbyes. 

You were with me yesterday.

Walk in my path and follow me
To where together we shall find
A land of rest forever free,
Our complications left behind.
Keep your sight focused ahead
Release your worries long confined
Cast them back where you have tread
Leave them languishing behind. 

You are with me today.  

Bask in my light to warm your heart
And break the day when tulips bloom,
The loving thoughts that I impart
Will mingle with your sweet perfume.
Let me become your morning sun
Illuminating every room,
Leaving nothing wished undone
‘Neath the alabaster moon. 

You’ll be with me tomorrow.

Laugh in my rain and raise your head
Up to the mist that I will send thee,
Let Heaven’s kisses ever spread
And join our joyous jubilee.
Skip to the rainbow up ahead
Its beauty arc will always see
A message in our hearts instead
That you and I … will ever be. 

You are with me always.

(I wrote this in 2007 when I was in a good mood.)

No comments: