Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Angry Birds Phenomenon

The Angry Birds game for smart phones, iPads and tablets has taken the world by storm. I discovered this when I finally converted to a smart phone a couple of years ago (my son turned me on to the addictive game).
It’s gone far beyond tech … you can find Angry Bird characters is every aspect of kiddie life – towels, toys, toothbrushes, you name it, it’s being merchandised. Last Christmas, we bought our grandson a hoodie towel of the red bird. The cowl was the bird’s head.
When we went to pick up my grandson’s birthday cake while in San Jose a week and a half ago, I wandered around the bakery while his father waited in line to be served.
You know what I saw? This:


The people at Aki’s Bakery in San Jose did a marvelous job on the birthday cake, but I was more impressed with their Angry Bird cupcake creations. I mean, look at ‘em again. Terrific, huh?
Just in case you live in San Jose or in Silicon Valley, Aki’s is situated at 355 Meridian Ave., San Jose, CA 95126, phone (408) 287-5404. They have a website as well: www.akisbakery.com.

No comments: